Good morning... or goodnight over here...
So it's the end of our first programmed day - Aloha Day - and I've finally got to meet everyone all in the same place. It's been really nice.
I slept for about 11hours solid last night - went to sleep at like 7pm Hawaiian time and slept till 6.30 - it was good! The day then kicked of at 7 with breaky, 8.30 we had our introduction meeting with the whole base together, some dumb and funny ice breakers and some awesome worship. Then the SBS (School of Biblical Studies) went off for an introductory morning. It was really nice finally getting some sort of structure and starting the journey.
Then the afternoon was spent down at Ama Mona beach where I spent most of the time in awe. I went down yesterday afternoon with some of the girls and spent an hour just watching the waves and the surfers in complete shock - it is actually paradise! Sometimes I'm just full of excitment, sometimes a typical Kas sense of slight guilt of having the opportunity to live in such a beautiful place! But most of the time I am just in wonder and trying to take in this beautifully diverse place. I also got very burnt! So today I kept the sun block and t-shirts on! Stupid English skin!
The beach has a natural reef which we swam out to, it also means that the waves break a good swim and then walk out, and creates a calm swimming area, the colours are breath taking. I took my camera out wanting to get some pics of the reef but it stopped working! I'm gutted, as not only do I not have a camera now but I've also lost some of the pics I had on there. Just to clarify - so you don't think I'm a complete div, my camera WAS waterproof! But isn't any more, when I got out there was water on the inside and that aint meant to be there!
The day was then completed by a good old barby. Good relaxing times!
I have to say I am excited and anxious to get stuck into everything - the beggining stages of things are always wierd!
Anyway, am off to sleep now, as you are all getting up to start your days. Sorry this hasn't been very interesting, partly cause I'm tired, partly cause It's just been quite a chilled day. This is a nice little way for me to process the day though - I wonder how long it will last!
Hope your doing well,
Kas. x
No comments:
Post a Comment