The base is made up of lots of terrapins and huts. It's basic but lovely...
Yes! In true Hawaiian style our dinning room is a picnic area. Normally the weather is sunny and hot so its not a problem, when the storms come its run for cover!
Dinning Room and Girls Bedroom
The white building to the left is the girls room. Theres 8 of us bunked up in there, I've got a top one of course which means every morning, evening and any other time I want to chill out I get to do a litle acrobatics!
The trees are one of my favourite things about this place. Unlike in the UK most of the trees here grow slightly to one side with short twisted trunks and huge thick branches. There are some trees down by the Sea front called a Banyan trees, these are my favourite as they look completely magical. Heres a pic of one:
How crazy is this - the main trunk grows, then the branches, then it sends roots down which plant themselves into the ground and the tree just keeps expanding out! If you look on the pic at the rope like things haning from the branches then you'll notice they're actually roots growing down to the ground - I love it!
The Tin Cathedral
This is where we have worship and some lectures. It reminds me a little of something of the farm - I love it!
Manoa Valley
The YWAM base is situated in the Manoa Valley, these are the hills around us and they are just stunning! I would take sharing a shower with cockroaches for this any day! Tomorrow we're taking a hike up part of these hills passing three waterfalls on the way, I cannot wait!
We had our first lot of lectures this morning (at 8.30am!!) and learnt a bit about our learning styles and about what it means to study the bible inductively. I forgot how much I enjoyed learning about the Bible. The focus of this school is so about learning about the bibles context and taking it for what it is, for the reasons it was written, for seeing it as a whole book of Gods revelation and not about picking out parts just to support our own opinions and arguements. I am so excited to learn more.
Anyway, I guess I better rest up for that hike!
Hope you're all doing well! x
The white building to the left is the girls room. Theres 8 of us bunked up in there, I've got a top one of course which means every morning, evening and any other time I want to chill out I get to do a litle acrobatics!
The trees are one of my favourite things about this place. Unlike in the UK most of the trees here grow slightly to one side with short twisted trunks and huge thick branches. There are some trees down by the Sea front called a Banyan trees, these are my favourite as they look completely magical. Heres a pic of one:
How crazy is this - the main trunk grows, then the branches, then it sends roots down which plant themselves into the ground and the tree just keeps expanding out! If you look on the pic at the rope like things haning from the branches then you'll notice they're actually roots growing down to the ground - I love it!This is where we have worship and some lectures. It reminds me a little of something of the farm - I love it!
The YWAM base is situated in the Manoa Valley, these are the hills around us and they are just stunning! I would take sharing a shower with cockroaches for this any day! Tomorrow we're taking a hike up part of these hills passing three waterfalls on the way, I cannot wait!
We had our first lot of lectures this morning (at 8.30am!!) and learnt a bit about our learning styles and about what it means to study the bible inductively. I forgot how much I enjoyed learning about the Bible. The focus of this school is so about learning about the bibles context and taking it for what it is, for the reasons it was written, for seeing it as a whole book of Gods revelation and not about picking out parts just to support our own opinions and arguements. I am so excited to learn more.
Anyway, I guess I better rest up for that hike!
Hope you're all doing well! x
No comments:
Post a Comment